How Long Can I Wait To File My Claim To My Two Wheeler Insurance?
Two-wheeler insurance claim settlement involves the policyholder asking the insurer to pay for vehicle damage or expenses. The insurer’s claim payout depends on the insured two-wheeler’s IDV and policy type—standalone own damage, third party bike insurance, or comprehensive. The bajajallianz insurance app can help you make a timely claim.
Motorcycle insurance claims require the following documents:
- Insurance Policy
- Signed claim form
- Driving License (DL)
- Two-wheeler registration certificate (RC)
- Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate
- FIR for fatal injuries/accidents or third-party liabilities
- Repair invoices/receipts (for reimbursement claim)
- PAN if claim exceeds Rs. 1 Lakh.
- Signed Satisfaction or Discharge Voucher
Claiming Cashless Bike Insurance?
Two-wheeler cashless claim settlements vary per insurer. The bike insurance check app download can help you make a proper and full claim. The maximum insurers follow this two-wheeler insurance cashless claim settlement process:
- Step 1: Inform Insurer – Notify your insurance company of your two-wheeler accident. To notify your insurer, call the customer hotline, visit the official website, or use the bajajallianz claim app on mobile. You’ll get a claim number from the insurer.
- Step 2: Damage Assessment – After registering the claim, the insurance must send an official inspector or surveyor to assess your two-damage wheeler’s and may visit the accident site. However, the inspector or surveyor may send you a self-inspection link on the insurer-registered number. Take the help of the repair garage while assessing the damage.
- Step 3: Two-Wheeler Towing and Repair – Take your bike to the nearest bike insurance-approved garage for cashless repairs. Insurers offer towing. Towing fees vary by insurer and by the region you are in.
- Claim Settlement – Your insurer will pay the garage for repairs. You can take your two-wheeler home after paying your deductibles.
How to Reimburse Two-Wheeler Insurance Claims?
Reimbursement two-wheeler insurance claims follow these very simple steps:
- First, notify the insurer of the two-wheeler collision. Call or email customer service to do that. The insurer will issue a claim reference number when you file.
- Second: Survey and Inspection – The insurer will send a surveyor to inspect the two-accident wheeler’s damage. To expedite the claim, policyholders must provide the surveyor with all essential papers.
- Towing and Repairs – The policyholders must tow their damaged two-wheeler to the nearest garage for repairs.
- Claim Refund – You have to pay for garage repairs first. Ensure the garage is and repairs are covered under your policy. Start an insurer claim settlement reimbursement process. After deductibles, you’ll be paid. The bajajallianz claim app is a great way to do this.
Insurance companies reject or delay many claims due to improper claim settlement procedures and documents. If suspicious, an insurance company can reject or accept your claim. Thus, filing bike insurance claims online or offline requires careful attention.
Common claim denial reasons include:
- The insurance policy doesn’t cover that state/country.
- Intoxicated driver accident.
- Accident while using the insured’s two-wheeler illegally.
- Expired insurance.
- If the insurance company discovers fraudulent information, the claim may be denied.
- If the accident happens while driving drunk.
- If the insurance company discovers the policyholder’s negligence, the claim will be denied.
- If the policyholder repairs their vehicle without telling the insurer about the accident.
- If the motorist was driving without a licence, the claim would be denied.
- If you break the rules and don’t report the accident on time.
- If the insurance provider determines that repair costs exceed the bike’s depreciated worth, you must pay the difference.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.